- He looks as though he's been weaned on a pickle.
- The little man on the wedding cake.
- If you can't say something good about someone, sit right here by me.
- I have a simple philosophy. Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.
- As quoted in The Best (1974), edited by Peter Passell and Leonard Ross
- I've always believed in the adage that the secret of eternal youth is arrested development.
- As quoted in Alice, The Life and Times of Alice Roosevelt Longworth (1979) by Howard Teichmann, p. 237
- I valued my independence from an early age and was always something of a individualist … Well, a show-off anyway.
Quotes about LongworthEdit
- I can be President of the United States, or I can control Alice. I cannot possibly do both.
- Theodore Roosevelt, in response when a dignitary asked if he could better control his daughter, as quoted in Hail to the Chiefs : My Life and Times with Six Presidents (1970) by Ruth Shick Montgomery, and TIME magazine (3 March 1980)
Last modified on 9 April 2014, at 00:53