- "You may recall that a few weeks ago, President Obama came to this chamber, and he addressed the chamber on health care before a joint session of the House and the Senate. During that session I was privileged to be here, and I saw my colleagues on the far side of the aisle, the Republicans, waving pieces of paper during his speech, and I was wondering what they were. I couldn’t imagine — it almost seemed like they wanted President Obama’s autograph. I just didn’t get it. I heard from one of my colleagues that this is what they called the Republican health care plan. I went over, after the speech was over, I picked up a copy that was lying down on the Republican side, and it turns out that the Republicans’ health care plan was a blank piece of paper. I inquired further, trying to find out exactly what the Republicans’ health care plan is. And it’s my duty and pride tonight to be able to announce exactly what the Republicans plan to do for health care in America."
- "The Republicans’ health care plan for America: "Don’t get sick." That’s right — don’t get sick. If you have insurance, don’t get sick; if you don’t have insurance, don’t get sick; if you’re sick, don’t get sick — just don’t get sick! That’s what the Republicans have in mind for you, America. That’s the Republicans’ health care plan. But I think that the Republicans understand that that plan isn’t always going to work — it’s not a foolproof plan. So the Republicans have a backup plan, in case you do get sick. If you get sick in America, this is what the Republicans want you to do. If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: "Die quickly." That’s right. The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick."
- Now, the Democrats have a different plan. The Democrats say that: “If you have health insurance, we’re going to make it better. If you don’t have health insurance, we going to provide it to you. If you can’t afford health insurance, then we’ll help you afford health insurance.” So America gets to decide. Do you want the Democratic plan, or do you want the Republican plan? Remember, the Republican plan: "Don’t get sick. And if you do get sick, die quickly.""
- "America understands that there is one party in this country that is favor of health care reform and one party that is against it, and they know why. They understand that if Barack Obama were somehow able to cure hunger in the world the Republicans would blame him for overpopulation. They understand that if Barack Obama could somehow bring about world peace they would blame him for destroying the defense industry. In fact, they understand that if Barack Obama has a BLT sandwich tommorrow for lunch, they will try to ban bacon. But that's not what America wants, America wants solutions to it's problems and that begins with health care, and that's what I'm speaking for tonight."
- "“By the way, I have trouble listening to what [Cheney] says sometimes because of the blood that drips from his teeth while he’s talking, but my response is this: he’s just angry because the president doesn’t shoot old men in the face. But by the way, when he was done speaking, did he just then turn into a bat and fly away?”"
"They call me nuts, they call me stupid, they call me ugly. They might be right about ugly. ...All that I've done is to say what's on other peoples' mind."
Regarding the Republican Party
- "What the Republicans have been doing is an insult to America. ...These are foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging neanderthals." [Questioned, 'Why are you name-calling?'] "I didn't call names, what I said is true."–September 30, 2009
- "Republican Party, you're a lie factory, that's all you do."–October 1, 2009
- "Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America, ...the enemy of anybody who wants anything good for this country."–October 21, 2009
Regarding Dick Cheney
- "I have trouble listening to what he [that is, former Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney] says sometimes because of the blood that drips from his teeth while he's talking."
- "He's just angry because the president [Obama] doesn't shoot old men in the face."
- "When he was done speaking, did he just then turn into a bat and fly away?"–October 23, 2009
Regarding Rush Limbaugh
- "Rush Limbaugh is a has-been hypocrite loser, who craves attention. His right-wing lunacy sounds like Mikhail Gorbachev, extolling the virtues of communism. Limbaugh actually was more lucid when he was a drug addict. If America ever did 1% of what he wanted us to do, then we'd all need pain killers."–January 2009
- "I’m sorry... I’m sorry that Limbaugh is one sorry excuse for a human being."–March 4, 2009
- "What Joe Wilson did is like a belch."–October 12, 2009
- "Neil [Cavuto] [a Fox News Senior Vice President (and anchor)], I'm not the one using profanity on the air. I'm not the one interrupting the guest to show incredible rudeness on the air. I'm simply the one trying to answer your questions and make America a better place."–March 31, 2009
- In a response to Sarah Palin's comments at an Orlando fundraiser for his opponent, Rep. Grayson remarked that "I look forward to an honest debate with Governor Palin on the issues, in the unlikely event that she ever learns anything about them."
Last modified on 12 November 2010, at 15:04↑Jump back a section
- "Grayson Has No Plans to Pull His Verbal Punches", Orlando Sentinet, October 30, 2009, 
- CNN, YouTube
- CNN Political Ticker
- The Ed Show, October 1, 2009, MSNBC, 
- Grayson: GOP, FOX News "Enemy Of America", October 21, 2009, RealClearPolitics.com
- Hardball with Chris Matthews, MSNBC, October 22, 2009, 
- "Alan Grayson: I'm no Joe Wilson" by Andy Barr, Politico.com, October 12, 2009
- "Rep. Alan Grayson Hates Me, Not Fox" by Neil Cavuto, Fox News, October 28, 2009
- 3-15-2010 Verified user comment, Daily Kos Diary, ROFL! Grayson on Palin, by diarist "emilysdad", published Mon Mar 15, 2010 at 09:16:44 AM PDT 
- "Grayson for Congress newsletter", March 12, 2010