History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
Abba Eban (February 2, 1915 – November 16, 2002), born Aubrey Solomon Eban, was an Israeli diplomat, politician and author. He was born in South Africa but was educated in England.
- History teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives.
- Speech in London (16 December 1970); as quoted in The Times [London] (17 December 1970) and in Great Jewish Quotations (1996) by Alfred J. Kolatch, p. 115.
- I think that this is the first war in history that on the morrow the victors sued for peace and the vanquished called for unconditional surrender.
- Abba Eban wrote "Israel's Dilemmas: An Opportunity Squandered" in Stephen J. Roth, ed. "The Impact of the Six-Day War: A Twenty-Year Assessment"
- The Arabs never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
- If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.
Last modified on 28 November 2013, at 17:59