A Day at the Races
A Day at the Races is a 1937 comedy film starring the Marx Brothers.
Dr. Hackenbush (Groucho)
- (A bugle sounds) So it's WAR! I'm off to the battlefield!
- (Giving a pill to a horse) Take one of those every half mile, and call me if there's a change.
- Have the florist send some roses to Mrs. Upjohn, and put "Emily, I love you" on the back of the bill.
- (Placing an order for scotch) Will you have the bellhop hop up some hop scotch?
- Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!
- Get your tootsie-frootsie ice cream.
- If she wants a Hackenapuss, she's gonna get a Hackenapuss.
- Ms. Standish: Doctor, may I have one of your photographs?
- Dr. Hackenbush: Why, I haven't one. I could give you my footprints, but they're upstairs in my socks.
- Dr. Hackenbush: Here boy. Take these bags up to my room, and here's a dime for yourself.
- Mrs. Upjohn: Oh, no, no, no. This is Mr. Whitmore, our business manager.
- Dr. Hackenbush: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. Here's a quarter!
- Dr. Hackenbush: Record department. Col. Hawkins talkin'.
- Mr. Whitmore: Col. Hawkins, did you get a wire for me regarding Dr. Hackenbush?
- Dr. Hackenbush: (Turns on a fan) I'm sorry sir. There's a hurricane blowin' down here, and you have to talk a little louder. Woo! It's certenly the windiest day we ever had! WOO! Certainly is windy!
- Mr. Whitmore: I want to find out about Dr. HACKENBUSH!
- Dr. Hackenbush: (turns on the intercom, pulling Whitmore away from the phone) Whitmore you have to cut out that squawking! The patients are all complaining! (They go back to their phones)...and I hope sir that that's the information that you require.
- Mrs. Upjohn: Oh, Doctor? I think it's time for my pill.
- Dr. Hackenbush: Ix-nay on the Ill-pay.
Last modified on 7 February 2013, at 20:08